ECDL / ICDL Advanced Word Processing
ECDL / ICDL Advanced Word Processing is a high level certification programme where candidates can demonstrate their ability to use the advanced features of word processing applications to enhance their work, improve productivity and save time. The ECDL / ICDL Advanced Word Processing module give candidates the opportunity to be certified at an 'expert level' in the use of word processing applications, acquiring skills sets over and above the routine features of the software.
Individuals with ECDL / ICDL Advanced Word Processing certified skills can:
- Apply advanced text, paragraph, column and table formatting. Convert text to a table and vice versa
- Work with referencing features like footnotes, endnotes and captions. Create tables of contents, indexes and cross-references
- Enhance productivity by using fields, forms and templates
- Apply advanced mail merge techniques and work with automation features, such as macros
- Use linking and embedding features to integrate data
- Collaborate on and review documents. Work with master documents and sub-documents. Apply document security features
- Work with watermarks, sections, and headers and footers within a document
Who is it for?
Prospective candidates should ideally have the ECDL / ICDL certification and/or previous experience using computers and common software applications. Typically, these would be individuals who use a wide range of advanced functionalities within a word processing application in a personal or professional context. The ECDL / ICDL Advanced Word Processing certification is for candidates who wish to develop/demonstrate their ability to use the advanced features of word processing applications to enhance the quality of their work, improve productivity, demonstrate professionalism and save time in the creation and production of documents.