Module 2 - Using the Computer and Managing Files
This module requires candidates to demonstrate knowledge and competence in using the common functions of a personal computer and its operating system. Among other tasks, candidates will learn to operate effectively within the desktop environment and how to manage and organise files and directories/folders.
On completion of this module each candidate will be able to:
- Use the main features of the operating system including adjusting the main computer settings and using built-in help features
- Operate effectively around the computer desktop and work effectively in a graphical user environment
- Know about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organise files and folders so that they are easy to identify and find
- Use utility software to compress and extract large files and use anti-virus software to protect against computer viruses
- Demonstrate the ability to use simple text editing and print tools available within the operating system