Module 1 - Concepts of Information and Communication Technology
This module enables candidates to gain an understanding of the different parts of a computer, as well as some of the key concepts of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), such as those relating to networks and security.
On completion of this module each candidate will:
- Understand what hardware is, know about factors that affect computer performance and know about peripheral devices
- Understand what software is and give examples of common applications software and operating system software
- Understand how information networks are used within computing, and be aware of the different options to connect to the Internet
- Understand what Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is and give examples of its practical applications in everyday life
- Understand health and safety and environmental issues in relation to using computers.
- Recognise important security issues associated with using computers
- Recognise important legal issues in relation to copyright and data protection associated with using computers