Module 8 - 2D Computer Aided Design
This module is aimed at second- and third-level students, commencing study in fields related to the architectural, engineering and construction sectors, who wish to certify their 2D CAD skills to an independent international standard. It is also suited to those who may work in these sectors already in a non-technical capacity and who wish to acquire or certify 2D CAD skills.
Successful ECDL / ICDL 2D Computer Aided Design candidates will be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the following features within common 2D CAD applications:
- Navigate using tools and views
- Use layers and levels
- Draw exchange – export drawings in different file types and import other files
- Create objects and elements, e.g. lines, rectangles, arc, polygon, hatch, etc.
- Use selection tools
- Manipulate objects and elements, e.g. copy, move, delete, rotate, scale, mirror, stretch, offset, explode, extend
- Use inquiry commands, e.g. to measure distances, angles, areas
- Set and modify properties, e.g. to change or match properties / attributes
- Insert, create and modify text and dimensions
- Use blocks and cells
- Use OLE, e.g. to embed or link a file or to add a hyperlink as on object
- Use and modify plot and print options