ECDL / ICDL for Life
"ICDL helped me to stay in touch with my family"
Computers have become an essential part of everyday life. Gaining the skills to understand and use computers or advancing your existing skills are an essential part of lifelong learning. Computer skills enable social and economic inclusion, which is essential to a healthy functioning society. ECDL Foundation's certification programmes are designed to meet the needs of both younger and older age groups.
Communicate, Connect, Interact
ECDL / ICDL can help you communicate, connect, and interact with others:
- Communicate with friends and family
- Connect with virtual communities of like-minded people through, for example, web browsing, email, or blogs
- Interact using online technologies, for example, Instant Messaging, webcams, Internet telephony, or online education and entertainment
Access Information and Services
Computer skills enable you to access a range of information and services that can simplify your life and save time:
- E-shopping enables you to make purchases online and shop around for the best value
- E-banking allows you to manage your accounts and pay bills without waiting in line
- Online government services are convenient for sending forms, dealing with officials, and finding out information
- The ability to access news, information, and entertainment keeps you up to date with what is going on in the world around you
"As a senior citizen I am now getting the education that I didn't get before"
Click here to view video
Why ECDL Foundation's Certification Programmes?
ECDL Foundation's certification programmes enable you to acquire computer skills and knowledge, and to provide proof of these skills, as well as providing you with the satisfaction of achieving a high-quality and internationally recognised standard.
Choose your Preferred Software Applications
ECDL Foundation's certification programmes are vendor neutral so you can train and test your skills using a variety of software applications. The range of programmes offered means that you can find the right option for your skill level, whether you are a complete beginner, already have basic knowledge but want to become a fully competent user of computers and standard applications, or develop advanced skills in the use of computer applications.