ECDL / ICDL for Teachers
"ICDL has helped me to update my teaching skills"
ICT skills enable teachers to use technology more effectively in the teaching process, thus achieving educational goals more efficiently, and in doing so saving time, and increasing productivity in the classroom.
Using software applications to simplify routine tasks relieves teachers and staff from time-consuming administrative burdens, enabling them to:
- Manage student data electronically in an effective manner
- Receive and correct homework/projects in electronic format
- Communicate with students and parents
- Track and monitor student attendance and performance
- Manage enrolments and disseminate information
- Increase productivity through enhanced ICT skills
Improved Teaching Practices
Less time spent on administrative tasks leaves more time to focus on educational goals. ICT skills increase productivity by enabling teachers to:
- Access, share, create, and reuse online lesson plans and educational content
- Access multimedia and interactive content to support learning
- Accommodate different learning styles and abilities by varying content
- Increase student motivation through the use of ICT in the classroom
Schools can optimise their return on investment in technology by getting maximum value from funds spent on hardware and software and by providing cost-effective staff development.
"Learning to teach ICT in school has helped me to increase my students' motivation to learn"
Skills enable teachers and staff to communicate better with students, colleagues, and managers:
- Share best practices online and increase collaboration within and between schools
- Communicate with students using email, instant messaging or blogs
- Share curriculum plans with colleagues and staff
- Enhance professional development and job satisfaction through professional networks
ECDL Foundation Certification Programmes
ECDL Foundation's certification programmes are designed, validated and approved by academic and industry experts from around the world. ECDL Foundation's main certification programme, ECDL / ICDL, is the international standard in end-user computer skills. ECDL / ICDL has become the de facto standard of digital literacy in many educational systems around the world and has been widely adopted by educational ministries, for both students and teachers alike.